An odd prompt turned into a bit of a realization!
My Wake Up Routine
- Woke up around 5am
- Then again at 6-something
- By the time I got back to bed, I was attracted to my phone…
- “Is that a follower?”
- I squint my eyes
- “Ermahgerd…it is! And two likes!?”
- Sleep postponed for tomorrow
- I want to go to the zoo
- Someone made chai
- We speculate breakfast while eating biscuits
- The rest of the house slowly rise from their night coffins
- We speculate breakfast again
- I suggest we go to a fast-seating diner nearby
- They protest for pancakes at IHOP
On Our Way to IHOP
- There’s a football game going on today
- There are a lot of people, all in green or red
- My boyfriend says to me, “I’m worried about your voice in society.”
- Naturally, I ask what he means
- “Just now you said that you told me something already, and that happens a lot. If I’m missing these things, I can’t imagine what other people miss.”
- We’re greeted with, “Bruh…it’s a 45 minute wait, we can’t wait that long.”
- I remember having asked if an hour wait was acceptable to the
- “We should go to that diner near the house!”
- I squeeze my boyfriend’s arm
At the Diner
- “Dude, they have pancakes!”
- Like most days, it was spent watching the boys play Xbox
- While I played PUBG in the background
- …and wrote this.
It felt weird writing this, but also it made me realize a few things. Did you pick up on those?
Let’s talk about it in the comments!